Tuesday, December 27, 2005

RSS Readers

I've been using RSS more and more as a form of receiving the information that I want to read about directly to my computer rather than wading through "Bookmarks" (Firefox and Opera) or "Favorites" (dear old IE).

I've played with quite a few ranging from the Online types, for example Yahoo and Google, to the Desktop varieties such as Thunderbird, principally an e-mail client, and Opera, a Browser that tries to do it all and then SharpReader and FeedDemon which are just readers. Oh, I also tried Firefoxes "Live Bookmarks". For one reason or another I just got fed up with them all.

The best was Thunderbird but it was buggy and also quite bandwidth hungry.

Then I discovered GreatNews. All I can say is that it is impressive even if it is still in Beta and still free!!!!

Bottom line is that an e-mail client is an e-mail client, a browser is a browser and a reader is a reader.

If you use Firefox then you need to get the extension Feed You Reader to make subscribing a breeze.

P.S. This is the first blog entry using Performancing so lets see how it goes.

P.P.S. Performancing is lovely..................... worked a treat. This is the future of blogging.

No comments: