Saturday, May 13, 2006

My Top 10 Things

1. Good food and drink. Thai is probably my favourite food but Chinese, a good Brazilian BBQ, Japanese (especially sushi and sashimi with loads of wasabi, soy and pickled ginger) and a simple Schnitzel (or milanesa) with lemon juice, mashed spuds and tinned peas are right up there also. Regards drinks well that's difficult. Here in Brazil we have a cocktail called Caipirinha that's pretty bloody good, a cold Corona with lemon is hard to beat, the first G&T sitting in Business Class is good too, cheap but good Argentinean reds are value for money, Swedish schnapps is a fun drink with friends during a mid-summer party (Akvavit, Aqvavit or Aquavit depending on where you come from, one of the most famous being Linie), etc..................

2. Staying in contact with friends and family. Need I say more?

3. Supermarkets. That's where most good food comes from.

4. Spending time in Brazil. Never a dull moment.

5. Spending time in Australia. Quite predictable but a beautiful country. It's a shame that most Aussies don't realize how good they've got it.

6. Working but not too much. And I am a little bit out of practise at the moment but I do enjoy it when I'm doing it.

7. Sport. I'm a true, all round sportsman; I can watch almost anything. Cricket, Australian rules, football, rugby, rugby league, tennis, sumo, formula 1, golf, snooker and pool just to name a few.

8. Computers and the Internet. Great time wasters.

9. Hot weather when I don't have to work in it.

10. Cold weather when I don't have to work in it.

Normally my wife would be at No.1 but we're in disagreement at the moment.

And by the way, how good is Wikipedia?

No comments: